Pigna use rubies, sapphires and precious stones, Tahitian pearls, sterling silver, gold & brass to create boutique handcrafted fine jewellery with an edge.
Unless otherwise stated, the gold parts are gold filled or gold plated 24Kt on sterling silver or brass. Pigna also use rhodium plating and oxidisation to blacken silver.
Jewellery surfaces that have been plated or oxidized will fade over time, because of contact with clothes, hard surfaces, sweat, perfume, hairspray, air pollution and others. This is normal and can be reversed by a professional.
Everyday or very frequent wear, may speed up this process, especially on items like rings and bracelets, which have more frequent contact with surfaces.
- When you're not wearing your jewellery keep it in a safe place.
- Do not keep your jewellery in the bathroom as moisture will make the sterling silver pieces tarnish faster.
- While jewellery pouches/boxes are a great place to keep your jewellery, it does not protect the sterling silver pieces from oxidation.
- Do not wear your jewellery when in the ocean, swimming pool, Jacuzzi or while bathing or showering.
- Avoid direct contact with chemicals, detergents, oils, moisturizers, hairspray & perfumes as they can all cause tarnishing and damage to the gems.
- Take care with contact with hard surfaces such as other items of jewellery as it can cause scratching and chipping.
- Gently wipe jewellery clean with a soft cloth after each wear to remove make up and oils (from skin).
- Coil chains gently to prevent damage in storage.
- Don’t yank or pull chains and necklaces.
Treat your jewellery like any other beloved wardrobe item.
Maintenance is key. The gold plating must get a new gold layer on when needed, and it is advised to check locks and clasps for firmness.